Condition: CIC-DUX rearranged sarcoma
City, State: Bend, OR
Club: Summit High School Sparrow Club Service Hours:
Date Adopted: 12/20/2019
• Tytan is 11 years old and this past June (2019) he began experiencing pain in his upper left leg. His parents thought it was just growing pains.
• They noticed a bump on his left leg that increased in size overnight. They took him to the doctor, tests were run and Tytan was diagnosed with CIC-DUX rearranged sarcoma. This is a very rare form of cancer and the doctors said they were lucky to discover it so early.
• This type of cancer is so rare that there isn’t much information on it yet or results from studies or treatments.
• Tytan is now in the middle of 15 rounds of chemo in Portland, equaling 31 weeks. Then he will need to do 5 to 7 weeks of radiation in Seattle.
• Tytan will need a drug called Neulasta after each round of chemo. It costs $2,000 each time and is not covered by insurance.
• Tytan and his family are taking one day at a time, trying to stay positive, and hoping for the best.
• Tytan is an inspiration and fun to be around. He is a leader among his friends and is outgoing and confident. He loves basketball and computer games. He also loves to play pranks on his little sister!
• Tytan will be adopted as a Sparrow to Summit High School. Summit students will have the opportunity to work hard
to raise money for Tytan’s ongoing treatment, medications, and travel through sponsored community service.
The 1687 Foundation The 1687 Foundation