Condition: Subglottic Stenosis
City, State: Central Point, OR
Club: Cascade Christian High School Sparrow Club Service Hours: 1005
Date Adopted: 10/24/2019
Tielar's Story:• Tielar is a fierce and courageous 10-year-old girl who was born 18 weeks early. She weighed just under 2 pounds.
• Tielar was born so premature, she was actually a micro-preemie. Her body did not have the chance to fully develop in many ways.
• Tielar was unable to breath on her own so she underwent a tracheotomy surgery and was placed on a ventilator until she was four-months-old.
• Due to damage to her airway, called subglottic stenosis, Tielar had major reconstructive surgeries on her throat.
• Tielar has undergone three major throat reconstructive surgeries, has had a tracheostomy, and she has been emergency air-lifted multiple times throughout her life.
• Tielar experiences raspy breathing, uncontrollable coughing, throat congestion, and can even experience complete loss in ability to breathe.
• Tielar is a very sweet natured and caring child who loves her family, reading, coloring, and she is determined to overcome every obstacle she encounters.
• Tielar will be adopted as a Sparrow to Cascade Christian High School. CCHS Students will work hard to raise money for Tielar through sponsored community service and fundraising projects.
Southern Oregon Subaru Southern Oregon Subaru