Condition: Dystonic Cerebral Palsy
City, State: Portland, OR
Club: La Salle Catholic College Preparatory School Sparrow Club Service Hours:
Date Adopted: 1/24/2020
• Taran is a sweet eight-year-old who loves his iPad, music, books, playing with other kids and his dog “Fanny Pack”.
• Taran was born with his intestines outside of his body. He endured five surgeries in the first week of his life and spent the first 156 days in the hospital. At four months old, doctors were finally able to create a working intestinal system. During this time, he became septic several times and likely suffered a brain injury which led to Dystonic Cerebral Palsy.
• Taran has endured over 30 surgeries including abdominal, tendon and a cochlear implant surgery. Simply put, his little body is broken and most of his parts don’t work right. He cannot hold his head up, has no functional use of his hands, and cannot walk. Taran must also be fed via a tube, has Cortical Vision Impairment and Auditory Neuropathy.
• Taran needs constant care. His life is full of many therapies and he requires both special equipment and special food.
• Despite all this Taran continues to laugh and play with a big smile. He is a true warrior who continues to enjoy life and those around him.
• Taran will be adopted as a Sparrow to La Salle Preparatory College. Students will work hard to not only love and support him but raise money for Taran through sponsored community service for medical and daily expenses.