Condition: Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL)
City, State: Central Point, OR
Club: St. Mary's School Sparrow Club Service Hours:
Date Adopted: 1/12/2021
• Sophia is a sweet little girl with sparkly eyes and a smile that lights up a room.
• At 11-months-old, Sophia was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL) cancer.
• ALL cancer is a very aggressive and dangerous type of blood/bone cancer that requires immediate medical attention.
• Sophia started treatment on August 27, 2020. Her medical treatment has included several blood transfusions, chemotherapy, a central line placement, steroids, feeding tubes, and bone marrow biopsies.
• On October 6, 2020, Sophia and her family received great news; the first full round of chemotherapy and steroids worked, her bone marrow biopsy came back cancer free.
• However, Sophia will continue with several more rounds of chemotherapy treatment in order to keep the cancer from returning.
• Sophia and her family have lived at Randall Children’s Hospital for over 100 days during this medical journey.
• Sophia has proven to be a mighty little warrior and continues to fight this battle with much determination.
• Sophia will be adopted as a Sparrow to St. Mary’s School. St. Mary’s Students will work hard to raise money for Sophia through sponsored community service.
The Hillcrest Committee The Hillcrest Committee