Condition: Multiple Hereditary Exostoses (MHE)
City, State: Chandler, AZ
Club: Perry High School Sparrow Club Service Hours:
Date Adopted: 9/25/2019
• Savannah is a sweet and polite 14-year-old girl who loves music. She enjoys playing guitar, piano, and singing.
• Savannah lives with a rare bone disorder called Multiple Hereditary Exostoses (MHE). This disorder causes benign bone tumors to form at the ends of joints throughout Savannah’s body.
• These bone tumors rub together and press on nerves and muscles causing pain as well as deformities.
• Savannah has endured eight major surgeries throughout her life. These include surgery on her fingers, hips, both knees, toes, ankles, and shins. Savannah will soon need additional surgeries to remove bone masses on her shoulders and wrists.
• Savannah and her family must travel to the Paley Orthopedic & Spine Institute in West Palm Beach, Florida for these surgeries. Savannah’s last trip was two years ago, and she had to stay there for three months. Her next surgery is planned for March of 2020.
• MHE is a rare disorder with approximately affecting approximately 1 in 50,000 individuals. Currently there is no cure. In spite of this, Savannah chooses to live her life with a smile on her face and joy in her heart.
• Savannah will be adopted as a Sparrow to Perry High School, in Gilbert, AZ. Students at Perry will work hard to raise money for Savannah through sponsored community service and fundraising projects.
Black Rock Coffee Bar Black Rock Coffee Bar