Condition: Traumatic birth
City, State: Bend, OR
Club: Bend Senior High School Sparrow Club Service Hours: 1217
Date Adopted: 12/20/2019
• Nevaeh was born in August 2018 and there were many unexpected complications and trauma at birth. During her birth, Nevaeh was without oxygen to her brain for 2 minutes. She also received broken bones during the birthing process.
• Nevaeh was born with feeding difficulties, chromosome abnormalities, gastro-esophageal reflux disease, heart issues, and oxygen desaturation during sleeping and with feedings.
• She was born with cataracts in both eyes and was born deaf in her left ear.
• Nevaeh spent 63 days in the NICU before she was able to go home. During that time, she had multiple MRI's, EEG's to monitor her brain activity, and had a blood transfusion.
• After being home for 2 weeks, she had to be life-flighted back to OHSU due to dehydration.
• Nevaeh went home again only to start experiencing seizures which sent her back to the hospital. She had a reaction to the seizure medication that caused a horrible rash.
• Nevaeh sees multiple specialists, as well as a physical and occupational therapist, on a weekly basis.
• Nevaeh went through glaucoma surgery on both eyes and now wears glasses. She now uses a hearing aid for her left ear.
• Nevaeh gets her nutrition through a G-tube. She is unable to sit up on her own. She spends time in her “stander” to practice putting weight on her joints.
• Nevaeh is delayed developmentally and neurologically due to the trauma at birth. She presents at about a 5-month-old level.
• This little girl had a very rough start, but she is a fighter and keeps growing and thriving. Nevaeh is a mellow, happy little baby and an inspiration to everyone who meets her. She loves her big sister who keeps her entertained.
• Nevaeh will be adopted as a Sparrow by Bend High School. Bend High students will have the opportunity to work hard to raise money for Nevaeh’s ongoing treatments and travel through sponsored community service.
DEPCOM Power DEPCOM Power