Condition: Ataxic Cerebral Palsy
City, State: Bend, OR
Club: Highland Magnet School Sparrow Club Service Hours:
Date Adopted: 12/13/2019
• Logan was born 7 weeks early with his twin, Luna. He was in the NICU for 6 weeks.
• Logan struggled with his breathing and came home on oxygen, which he stayed on for several more weeks.
• As Logan began to grow, his parents noticed he was delayed and wasn’t meeting all his developmental milestones.
• Logan has had several procedures done in search of answers. He had genetic testing and different evaluations.
• In May 2019 he was diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder and ataxic cerebral palsy. Logan is non-verbal. He has been learning some sign language.
• Logan was a late walker and needs braces on his feet for stability.
• He spends many hours a week in physical therapy, trying to get his muscles stronger as he grows.
• Logan is very sensitive to loud noises.
• Having twins is a challenge when both are healthy, but when one has special needs it is especially difficult. Logan’s mom had to quit work to be with him full time.
• In spite of all his challenges, Logan is typically a happy little boy. He loves playing with Dad and rough housing. He enjoys playing games on the iPad. He really likes sensory type books. His twin sister Luna also keeps him entertained much of the time.
• Logan will be adopted as a Sparrow to Highland Elementary School. Highland students will have the opportunity to work hard to raise money for Logan’s ongoing treatment, medical equipment, and travel through sponsored community service.