Kirabella "KB" L.
Condition: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome (EDS)
City, State: Redmond, OR
Club: Sisters Middle School Sparrow Club Service Hours:
Date Adopted: 12/12/2019
Kirabella "KB"'s Story:• Kirabella, or KB as she prefers to be called, is about the sweetest 12-year-old around. She has a compassionate heart and tries to keep
a positive outlook on life despite her physical challenges.
• In 2014 KB contracted bacteria from a soft tick and was diagnosed with Tick-borne Relapsing Fever. She suffered with body aches, muscle pain, joint pain, headache, nausea, dry cough, light sensitivity, rash, neck pain, eye pain, and dizziness. Her case was extremely rare.
• In 2016 doctors discovered that she has Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome (EDS), a genetic connective tissue disorder that effects nearly every organ in her body. There is no cure at this time.
• KB has a motorized scooter she uses. She has regular specialist appointments to monitor her condition and keep her as active as possible.
• KB is grateful to have her service dog, Baymax. He brings her so much comfort and helps give her mobility. Baymax will help give KB even more independence as she gets older.
• Students and staff at her school love having Baymax be there to help KB thru her school day.
• KB is a fighter and yet still a normal girl. She loves spending time with her friends, singing in the school choir, and anything to do with technology.
• KB enjoys science and math and hopes to do something in the field of medical science one day… to help find a cure for this disease she is battling.
• KB will be adopted as a Sparrow to Sisters Middle School. Students will have the opportunity to work hard to raise money for KB’s ongoing treatment and travel through sponsored community service.