Condition: Athetoid Cerebral Palsy, Dystonia
City, State: Beaverton, OR
Club: West Sylvan Middle School Sparrow Club Service Hours:
Date Adopted: 2/05/2020
• Kian is a loving nine-year-old who loves singing and music. His infectious smile and spirit will light up anyone’s life. More than anything, he loves helping others and wants to be accepted.
• When Kian was born, he was not alive, and a dedicated doctor worked for 15 minutes trying to resuscitate him. It was a miracle, but Kian came through.
• An MRI showed that Kian had suffered moderate damage to his basal ganglia as well as mild damage to his brain stem and occipital lobe. Kian’s parents were told he would suffer from seizures and never walk, move or see.
• Kian was eventually diagnosed with Athetoid Cerebral Palsy, Dystonia and sensory processing disorder. From day one of his life, he has overcome the odds. Kian has worked hard in all types of therapy to learn to function and do things that most people do with ease.
• Kian continues to amaze those around him. He loves photography, all music and is smart as a whip. He enjoys playing soccer and baseball.
• Despite an incredibly rocky start to life, he loves a good joke and his favorite thing in life is friendship. What Kian wants more than anything is to have friends who will love and accept him. He wants to be treated like everyone else.
• Kian will be adopted as a Sparrow at West Sylvan Middle School. Students will work hard to raise money for Kian through sponsored community service.