Condition: Tetralogy of Fallot
City, State: New River, AZ
Club: Bogle Jr High Sparrow Club Service Hours:
Date Adopted: 9/27/2019
Jolene's Story:• Sweet baby Jolene (known as “Joey” by friends and family) is full of smiles and giggles and will be 2-years-old in April 2020.
• At 22 weeks in the womb, Jolene was diagnosed with a series of four birth defects called “Tetralogy of Fallot.”
• Jolene was also diagnosed with a form of heart disease called “Pulmonary Atresia,” in which her pulmonary artery was completely blocked preventing all blood flow.
• Jolene also has “MAPCAs,” which are arteries that grow in the wrong place. This happens to 300 out of 4 million kids born per year.
• Baby Jolene endured her first open-heart surgery in November of 2018 at Stanford in California. This surgery repaired holes in Jolene’s heart and also replaced one of her heart valves. Jolene spent over 12 weeks in the hospital recovering.
• Jolene will need future heart valve replacements as she grows. In the meantime, her family is enjoying having their sweet baby girl home and will continue to do whatever is takes to care for her and her medical needs.
• Jolene has a big brother named Weston who adores her. Even with everything she has faced, and the challenging journey still ahead, Jolene’s smile radiates warmth and love. Jolene is truly a heart warrior!
• Baby Jolene will be adopted as a Sparrow to Bogle Junior High, in Chandler, AZ. Students at Bogle will work hard to raise money for Jolene through sponsored community service and fundraising projects.
Black Rock Coffee Bar Black Rock Coffee Bar