Condition: Chromosome 15 Duplication
City, State: Redmond, OR
Club: Seven Peaks School Sparrow Club Service Hours:
Date Adopted: 1/08/2020
Jayden's Story:• Jayden’s parents had no idea anything was wrong with her until she was missing developmental milestones throughout her first year of life.
• At 13 months Jayden was diagnosed with autism. Doctors also did genetic testing that showed Chromosome 15 Duplication.
• Chromosome 15 Duplication causes Jayden to have a number of other disabilities such as hypotonia, exotropia, global developmental delay, and LGS epilepsy just to name a few.
• Lennox-Gastaut syndrome (LGS) is a rare and severe kind of epilepsy that starts in childhood. Children with LGS have seizures often, and they have several different kinds of seizures.
• Jayden is now 9 years old and is non-verbal. She has learned some sign language to help her communicate basic needs.
• Jayden goes to physical therapy once a week at Healing Reins, which she loves, as well as speech therapy.
• Jayden has a sweet yet funny personality. She loves visiting the ocean, being outdoors and enjoying nature, swimming, riding horses, playing with rocks, sand, and Orbeez – colorful water beads.
• Jayden also likes play dough, riding quads, the trampoline park, as well as listening to old country music. She really enjoys her iPad, Mickey Mouse and Minions. She loves her family and friends.
• Jayden will be adopted as a Sparrow to Seven Peaks School. Students will have the opportunity to work hard to raise money for Jayden’s ongoing treatment through sponsored community service.
DEPCOM Power DEPCOM Power