City, State: Portland, OR
Club: Liberty High School Sparrow Club Service Hours:
Date Adopted: 2/07/2020
• Isaac is a talented and kind-hearted 17-year-old that has his sights set on a career in the music industry. He balances school, work and activities, along with monitoring his daily health. Isaac loves video games, playing cards, music, swimming and track.
• During his junior year, he began having headaches, high blood pressure and incredible fatigue. Doctors began performing tests to see what was wrong.
• Doctors not only discovered he had a heart murmur, but also a rare genetic disease called C3GN, which attacks the kidneys ability to filter proteins. Although Isaac’s kidneys function properly, he must go in for weekly infusions to help treat this condition.
• Isaac’s daily routine is filled with multiple medications, a special diet, careful monitoring of his blood pressure and swelling in his legs. Although he is not in pain, he is often tired and uncomfortable. It is sometimes a challenge trying to keep on top of things.
• Despite this sudden life-style change and multiple trips to the hospital, Isaac stays positive, focused on the future and living a full life.
• Isaac will be adopted as a Sparrow to Liberty High School. Students will work hard to not only love and support one of their own but raise money for Isaac through sponsored community service and fundraising. This will help support his family with his ongoing treatment needs.