Everly K J
Condition: Cleft Palate
City, State: Medford, OR
Club: Lone Pine Elementary School Sparrow Club Service Hours:
Date Adopted: 12/10/2019
• Everly is an adorable 4-month-old baby who is very sweet and loves her family, especially her two big sisters.
• Everly was born with a cleft palate.
• A cleft palate is an opening or split in the roof of the mouth that occurs when the tissue doesn’t fuse together during development in the womb.
• Everly will travel to Doernbecher Children’s Hospital several times this year. She will see several specialists that include a nurse practitioner, speech/language pathologist, plastic surgeon, and an ear nose and throat physician.
• Doctors plan on surgically closing the hole in the roof of her mouth when Everly is between 9-12 months old.
• Currently, Everly requires a special type of bottle to feed from. This special bottle prevents choking and allows her to get the nutrition she needs.
• Everly may require several more surgeries depending on how her recovery goes and how well she develops after her first surgery.
• Everly is very prone to ear infections due to her condition and may require future surgery in both ears.
• Everly will be adopted as a Sparrow to Lone Pine Elementary School. Lone Pine students will have the opportunity to work hard to raise money for Everly’s ongoing treatment through sponsored community service.
Ellie George Home Quest Realty Ellie George Home Quest Realty