Condition: Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia. (CAH)
City, State: Bend, OR
Club: Trinity Lutheran School Sparrow Club Service Hours:
Date Adopted: 1/17/2020
• Corbin was born a healthy 9-pound baby.
• In his first month he began to slowly lose weight. Corbin was diagnosed with Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia. (CAH) This is a lifelong condition affecting 1 in 25,000 people.
• Congenital adrenal hyperplasia (CAH) is a group of inherited genetic disorders that affect the adrenal glands, a pair of walnut-sized organs above your kidneys.
• A person with CAH lacks one of the enzymes the adrenal glands use to produce hormones that help regulate metabolism, the immune system, blood pressure and other essential functions.
• Corbin takes medication, two pills three times a day, to help regulate his body.
• He goes to OHSU in Portland every 3-4 months for testing and x-rays.
• If Corbin should break a bone or get hurt significantly, his parents would have to give him a shot immediately and rush him to the ER. If he is sick or hurt, he becomes extremely lethargic. Corbin’s body cannot fight off sickness or recover like a healthy child can.
• Corbin is an energetic little boy who loves riding his bike and being active. As he gets older, he won’t be able to participate in any contact sports due to his medical condition.
• Corbin enjoys being outdoors whenever possible. He loves singing, coloring, and crafts. He is also very kind, happy and smart!
• Corbin will be adopted as a Sparrow to Trinity Lutheran School. Students will have the opportunity to work hard to raise money for Corbin’s ongoing treatment through sponsored community service.
Black Rock Coffee Bar Black Rock Coffee Bar