Condition: Liver Transplant
City, State: Medford, Oregon
Club: North Medford High School Sparrow Club Service Hours:
Date Adopted: 12/09/2020
- Chevelle is a little girl who was born with an unknown rare liver disease. This disease is very dangerous and has essentially caused her liver to shut down.
- At 14-months-old, Chevelle was placed on the liver transplant list.Her health was so poor that her body was unable to absorb any nutrients, and she required many medications.
- In November of 2020, Chevelle and her family received word that it was time for the much-needed transplant. On November 20, 2020, Chevelle underwent an 8-hour liver transplant surgery. The surgery was a success. However, Chevelle’s body is still struggling to adapt to the new liver.
- Chevelle will spend the next 3-6 months in Stanford as a patient of the Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital being closely monitored by doctors. Chevelle will not be in the clear (medically) for many months.
- Now that Chevelle has a new liver, the hope is that her body will start absorbing nutrients, she will gain weight, and slowly be able to eliminate some of the medications she has needed.
- Chevelle is a little warrior. She is very happy, intelligent, loves to snuggle, and has a smile that lights up a room. She loves to be outdoors and with her family.
- Chevelle will be adopted as a Sparrow to North Medford High School. NMHS Students will work hard to raise money for Chevelle through sponsored community service.
Southern Oregon Subaru Southern Oregon Subaru