Condition: Liver Transplant
City, State: Portland, OR
Club: Reynolds High School Sparrow Club Service Hours:
Date Adopted: 1/09/2020
Noah's Story:• Noah is a sweet 4-year-old whose happy and energetic personality makes others smile. He loves superheroes, especially Superman, Mickey Mouse and Legos. He also loves riding his scooter and skateboard.
• When Noah was just two and a half, his parents noticed a yellowing in his eyes and a slight fever. Being concerned, they took him to the doctor. Doctors ran tests and noticed his liver enzymes were high, but they sent him home. The plan was to continue to run more tests over the next few days.
• A specialist found that Noah’s liver was not functioning properly, and he was hospitalized. Noah needed a liver transplant. Within a week he went from being a healthy little boy to being in critical condition. His liver was failing, and doctors fought to keep him alive while they looked for a liver donor.
• Noah was on life support for three days, when finally, a liver became available. Doctors hoped the liver would be a perfect match and performed the nine and half hour transplant surgery that saved his life. He spent over 51 days in the hospital.
• Noah must be monitored to be sure his new liver functions properly. He must take his medication every day and be careful not to get infections that could threaten his life.
• Noah just wants to run and play like all the other kids. He is a true warrior who has endured so much in his young life, but he continues to be positive, happy and easy going.
• Noah will be adopted as a Sparrow to Reynolds High School. Students will work hard to not only love and support him but raise money for Noah through sponsored community service and fundraising for medical expenses.