Condition: Cerebral Palsy Spastic Diplegia
City, State: Medford, OR
Club: South Medford High School Sparrow Club Service Hours:
Date Adopted: 11/15/2019
• Eastyn is a sweet and social 5-year-old boy. He is in Kindergarten at Orchard Hill Elementary School.
• Eastyn was born premature, causing him to suffer a brain injury called PVL. This led to a condition called Cerebral Palsy Spastic Diplegia.
• As an infant, Eastyn required a feeding tube, endured two blood transfusions, and he had surgery on his adenoids. He currently requires the use of a wheelchair and receives Botox treatments every three months. He is enrolled in physical, occupational, and speech therapies.
• Eastyn is somewhat verbal but requires the use of his “talk buddy.” He is very intelligent and loves to be around others.
• Eastyn is still too young, but the plan is for him to eventually undergo SDR surgery. This surgery will correct the muscle spasticity in his legs, allowing him better movement.
• Eastyn loves cars, YouTube, school, and his dog “Chase.” He enjoys interacting with others, and always has a smile on his face.
• Eastyn will require medical services for his entire life but he doesn’t let his condition stop him from being a happy, energetic, and fun-loving boy.
• Eastyn will be adopted as a Sparrow to South Medford High School. SMHS Students will work hard to raise money for Eastyn through sponsored community service and fundraising projects.
Donate to help Eastyn and his family here: Click to Donate