Condition: Cerebral Palsy Spastic Diplegia
City, State: Medford, OR
Club: South Medford High School Sparrow Club Service Hours:
Date Adopted: 11/15/2019
Eastyn's Story:• Eastyn is a sweet and social 5-year-old boy. He is in Kindergarten at Orchard Hill Elementary School.
• Eastyn was born premature, causing him to suffer a brain injury called PVL. This led to a condition called Cerebral Palsy Spastic Diplegia.
• As an infant, Eastyn required a feeding tube, endured two blood transfusions, and he had surgery on his adenoids. He currently requires the use of a wheelchair and receives Botox treatments every three months. He is enrolled in physical, occupational, and speech therapies.
• Eastyn is somewhat verbal but requires the use of his “talk buddy.” He is very intelligent and loves to be around others.
• Eastyn is still too young, but the plan is for him to eventually undergo SDR surgery. This surgery will correct the muscle spasticity in his legs, allowing him better movement.
• Eastyn loves cars, YouTube, school, and his dog “Chase.” He enjoys interacting with others, and always has a smile on his face.
• Eastyn will require medical services for his entire life but he doesn’t let his condition stop him from being a happy, energetic, and fun-loving boy.
• Eastyn will be adopted as a Sparrow to South Medford High School. SMHS Students will work hard to raise money for Eastyn through sponsored community service and fundraising projects.