Condition: Spina Bifida
City, State: Sisters, OR
Club: Sisters High School Sparrow Club Service Hours:
Date Adopted: 11/22/2019
• Amber was born with spina bifida. Since birth she has had numerous surgeries. Sadly, too many to list.
• Amber also has a problem with her left clubfoot, a congenital dislocated hip, scoliosis, and kyphosis… an exaggerated, forward rounding of the back.
• In March 2019, she had a 13-hour surgery to repair her spine. Her recovery took 3 months and she could barely move.
• A couple screws broke on the rod in her spine and she endured another surgery to repair that.
• Due to all the spinal surgeries, Amber’s movements are very limited. She has no use of her left leg and she can’t sit up straight.
• Most recently, on October 15th, Amber had to have an emergency surgery because the rod in her back broke and needed to be fixed.
• Amber will need surgery on her left hip and left foot in the future. She will also soon need a new electric wheelchair that fits her.
• Amber is so brave. She has faced many tough situations in her life. She is an inspiration to everyone who meets her.
• In spite of all her challenges, Amber is a happy little girl. She is outgoing, not shy at all! She enjoys dancing, playing basketball her way, and swimming. She also really enjoys playing with her friends.
• Amber will be adopted as a Sparrow to Sisters High School. Sisters High School students will have the opportunity to work hard to raise money for Amber’s ongoing treatment, medical equipment, and travel through sponsored community service.
Weitzman Family Foundation Weitzman Family Foundation