Condition: Wilms Tumor
City, State: Lafayette, OR
Club: Glencoe High School Sparrow Club Service Hours:
Date Adopted: 11/07/2019
• Zoey is a sweet 2-year-old whose laugh and bubbly personality simply makes people smile. She loves stuffed animals, unicorns and blue.
• In August, Zoey had fallen, and her parents noticed she wasn’t quite herself, so they took her to the emergency room. Doctors performed tests but couldn’t find anything wrong at first.
• However, an ultrasound was performed, and doctors discovered a tumor in her kidney that appeared to be a Wilms Tumor, cancer.
• Zoey’s doctors surgically placed a port in her chest and her chemo treatments started immediately. She must endure a series of treatments to prepare her body for surgery in September, where doctors will remove her kidney and the tumor to biopsy it for more specific answers.
• After surgery, Zoey will be in the hospital for several weeks while she continues to have more treatments to help her battle the cancer.
• She will continue to fight and wait for more answers to see how her body reacts to treatments, surgery and all the side effects to follow.
• Despite this battle, Zoey is spunky persistent and busy! She is a true warrior who continues to be positive, happy and easy going. Zoey also loves, pizza, spaghetti, ice cream, and chocolate! She also loves to watch Peppa Pig and Blippy.
• Zoey will be adopted as a Sparrow to Glencoe High School. Students will work hard to not only love and support her but raise money for Zoey through sponsored community service and fundraising for medical and daily expenses.
Glencoe HS Community Glencoe HS Community