City, State: Phoenix, OR
Club: Phoenix High School Sparrow Club Service Hours:
Date Adopted: 3/05/2020
• Zavier is a very sweet twenty-month-old little boy who loves to meet new people. He has a wonderful smile and melts your heart by blowing kisses.
• Zavier was born with a condition called achondroplasia. Achondroplasia is a rare genetic condition that results in dwarfism.
• Dwarfism is defined as a condition of short stature as an adult. Zavier prefers to be called a little person.
• Zavier also has a condition called stenosis of foramen. Stenosis of foramen is a hole located at the bottom of the skull in which a portion of the brain and spinal cord pass. In Zavier’s case this hole is dangerously small.
• Zavier has received physical therapy since he was six-months-old, and has just begun therapy for swallowing. Zavier travels to Portland every 6 months to monitor his lower spine, his achondroplasia, and the hole in his neck. He most likely will need surgery to correct his stenosis condition.
• When Zavier was born doctors suggested he would struggle and be delayed in his mobility. However, he has proven to be a very adventurous and active little boy.
• Zavier is one of the happiest babies you will meet. He is smart, loves people, and is a “mama’s boy.”
• Zavier will be adopted as a Sparrow to Phoenix High School. PHS Students will work hard to raise money for Zavier through sponsored community service.
TC Chevy TC Chevy