Condition: Restrictive Cardiomyopathy / Heart Transplant
City, State: Bend, OR
Club: Lava Ridge Elementary School Sparrow Club Service Hours:
Date Adopted: 1/14/2020
• Peyton is an energetic 9-year-old that began to show symptoms this past spring of what her parents thought to be asthma.
• She was always tired, had no stamina, and had a chronic cough. This kept her from enjoying the active outdoor activities that she loves. She became out of breath just walking across the room!
• After many doctor visits, lab work, and chest x-rays, in early July she was diagnosed with Restrictive Cardiomyopathy. Her heart was enlarged, and she would need a heart transplant.
• Initially insurance denied the heart transplant, but her doctor wrote an appeal and the family waited.
• On October 23rd insurance approved the transplant and Peyton was added to the official transplant list.
• Her family received a call on Saturday evening, October 26th that a heart was available for Peyton! They drove to Seattle Children’s Hospital that evening.
• On Sunday, October 27th Peyton had her heart transplant surgery. It was a success!
• Peyton is recovering amazingly well and was in Seattle until she was released to make it home in time for the holidays.
• Peyton is a fun-loving happy little girl. She is brave, beautiful, hilarious, and strong. She is creative and also quite the talented ventriloquist with her puppet Darcy. She likes riding her bike and playing soccer, which she hopes to do again in the future.
• Peyton will be adopted as a Sparrow to Lava Ridge Elementary. Lava Ridge students will have the opportunity to work hard to raise money for Peyton’s ongoing treatment and travel through sponsored community service.
DEPCOM Power DEPCOM Power