Condition: Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia; Atypical Hemolytic Uremic Syndrome
City, State: Grants Pass, OR
Club: South Middle School Sparrow Club Service Hours:
Date Adopted: 11/18/2019
• Nevaeh is a sweet little 3-year-old girl who loves her family, teddy bears, and her twin sister. She is very happy, soft hearted, and loving.
• In August of 2018, Nevaeh was sent to Portland after doctors discovered a form of cancer in her blood. Doctors at Doernbecher Children’s Hospital ran several tests and did a bone marrow biopsy. Nevaeh was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL). That same day, doctors installed a pic line and began intense chemotherapy treatments. During that month she received lumber punctures, had a port installed, approximately 20 blood transfusions, steroids, and oxygen treatments.
• Nevaeh spent several weeks in the hospital undergoing intense treatment but was finally able to go home and continue chemotherapy treatments in Medford.
• In July of 2019, Neveah was rushed back to Portland by emergency flight after becoming so lethargic she could hardly whisper words. After several tests Nevaeh was diagnosed with atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome (HUS). This disease can lead to kidney failure and blood clotting issues.
• Neveah has been fighting cancer for a year and is now in the maintenance phase. She continues to receive chemotherapy through IV and port treatments every 13-weeks. Nevaeh also takes oral chemotherapy daily and home health treatments for her kidney’s every two weeks.
• Nevaeh has 15 months left of chemotherapy and she is monitored closely. Her medical journey is far from over but this sweet little girl is a fighter and continues to find joy in each day.
• Nevaeh will be adopted as a Sparrow to South Middle School. South Students will work hard to raise money for Nevaeh through sponsored community service.