Condition: Lennox Gastaut syndrome; Cerebral Palsy; Epilepsy; Incogenetia Pigmenti
City, State: Grants Pass, OR
Club: North Middle School Sparrow Club Service Hours:
Date Adopted: 11/26/2019
• Nevaeh is a 14-year-old girl who loves her family, music, and Mickey Mouse. She is non-verbal and requires the use of a wheelchair. In spite of this she is one of the happiest girls you will meet.
• Nevaeh was born with many health challenges including cerebral palsy, epilepsy, and a skin condition called incognentia pigmenti.
• She was also diagnosed with a condition called Lennox Gastaut syndrome. Nevaeh can experience up to twenty different types of seizures every day.
• Nevaeh wears glasses due to cortical blindness which is caused by damage to the cortex of the brain.
• In 2012, Nevaeh had a double reconstructive hip surgery.
• In 2017, Doctors installed a g-tube because muscles in her throat were not working properly and she was unable to eat.
• Nevaeh was admitted to Shriner’s Hospital for Children in August and underwent a seven-hour spinal surgery to correct severe scoliosis (a curvature in her back). This surgery had many set-backs that included a severe infection and led to another 16 surgeries during a three-month time span.
• In spite of all her medical challenges, Nevaeh remains brave and keeps smiling through every set-back. She has faced her medical challenges like a true warrior.
• Nevaeh will be adopted as a Sparrow to North Middle School. North students will have the opportunity to work hard to raise money for Nevaeh’s ongoing treatment through sponsored community service.