City, State: Portland, OR
Club: Hillsboro High School Sparrow Club Service Hours:
Date Adopted: 12/06/2019
Lu's Story:• Lu is a bubbly 4-year-old whose laugh and sweet personality simply make people smile. She loves superheroes that wear red, owls, elephants and board games.
• Lu had always been healthy and spunky, but in March of 2019, she was tired and not playing as much. Her parents decided to take her to the doctor; something just wasn’t right.
• Tests quickly revealed Lu had Leukemia. Her treatments started immediately. She spent the next month in the hospital receiving treatments. Since then, she has been hospitalized three times for infections, and once for some mild brain damage from her chemo.
• Lu has responded well to treatments. She will continue to have chemo for the next year and a half. She will continue to fight to get back to her old self.
• Despite this battle, Lu is still happy and makes friends easily! She is a true warrior, who continues to be positive, taking her treatments in stride. Lu loves broccoli, strawberries and bananas! She also loves Catan Junior, Legos and superheroes that wear red! Her dream is to be an astronaut teacher.
• Lu will be adopted as a Sparrow to Hillsboro High School. Students will work hard to not only love and support her but raise money for Lu through sponsored community service and fundraising for medical and daily expenses.