Condition: Tetralogy of Fallot
City, State: Peoria, AZ
Club: Cactus High School Sparrow Club Service Hours:
Date Adopted: 12/05/2019
Beckham's Story:• Beckham is a fun, affectionate, and active little boy who will turn three years old in April of 2020. He currently loves Toy Story and his baby brother, Hendrix.
• Beckham was born with a series of four life-threatening heart defects called “Tetralogy of Fallot.”
• Beckham was also diagnosed with “MAPCAs” and a form of heart disease called “Pulmonary Atresia.” Beckham’s heart has formed arteries in the wrong places and his pulmonary valve did not form properly.
• At five months old, Beckham endured his first open-heart surgery, lasting 16 hours. Surgery didn’t go as planned, and Beckham was placed on life support with his chest left open due to immense swelling.
• Nineteen days later, a permanent pacemaker was installed in Beckham’s chest. A feeding tube in his stomach was eventually added to help Beckham get the nutrition he needed.
• Altogether, Beckham has endured three heart surgeries. Currently, Beckham is taking two new medications to help combat the narrowing of his arteries. If these medications fail, a two-step heart surgery will be scheduled.
• Beckham is primarily treated at Stanford Children’s Hospital in California. He and his family have had to temporarily relocate there several times for his care.
• Despite everything, Beckham is rarely without a smile. He has an infectious laugh and his sweet personality impacts everyone he meets. He truly is a “Heart Warrior!”
• Beckham will be adopted as a Sparrow to Cactus High School, in Peoria, AZ. Students at Cactus High will work hard to raise money for Beckham through sponsored community service projects.
Black Rock Coffee Bar Black Rock Coffee Bar